Employment OpportunitiesJob Openings and Employment Application
Please submit the online employment application below or mail a printed copy to:
Buena Vista Sanitation District
PO Box 3069
Buena Vista, CO 81211
Office Administrator 6/23/2020
Responsible for the day to day activities that are related to financial planning, record keeping, billing, personnel, coordination and administration of general business activities for Buena Vista Sanitation District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, and directs a broad range of service functions that provides assistance to the organization including human resources, information technology and finance.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, technical support of staff and supervisor, documenting standard operating procedures.
- Supervise, monitor, and evaluate day to day accounting operations. Develop and implement systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Effective interpersonal skills including ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Personnel records and employment, employment interviewing for salaried and hourly jobs wage and salary administration
- Prepares preliminary matter and assists with major audit and elections
- Performs a wide variety of administrative tasks: mail and messenger, customer service, telephone, supplies order processing, preparing reports, prepares payroll and payroll tax reporting and payments federal and state income tax returns, benefits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, general ledger, bank reconciliation, prepares bank deposits, customers’ statements, Insurances, budgeting, keep minutes of meetings, maintains records on delinquent accounts, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets, reconciliations month and year end closing.
- Operates routine and non-routine office related equipment.
- Operates a personal computer using word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and product financial reports
- Coordinate and complete annual audits monitor loan payments, meet financial accounts objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document
- Proven knowledge of accounting expenses
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, standards, laws and regulations
- Knowledge of accounting data, administration, management practice and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Advanced computer skills on accounting software and databases
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Minimum high school diplomas or preferred business degree or equivalent